Supporting the Nation's Judicial System & the Public it Serves

Payment Process for Grant Awards

SJI contracts with the U.S. Department of Agriculture/External Services Branch (USDA/ESB) to manage grant reimbursements. Electronic fund transfers (EFTs) or hard checks will be issued directly from the U.S. Treasury.

An SJI Form R-Request for Advance or Reimbursement must be submitted to request awarded funds. The only change to this form is that the Employee Identification Number (EIN) also known as a “Tax ID” is required on the Form R. Payments from the U.S. Treasury can only be made if an EIN is included on these forms. Failure to include this number will result in delays receiving payments.

USDA will be responsible for processing reimbursements from the U.S. Treasury on behalf of SJI. Once the proper documentation is received, USDA will process these payments, normally within two weeks.

Current and future grantees can also choose to receive payments via EFT. This is a faster method of receiving payment from SJI. To participate in EFT, SJI will need a completed SF 3881-Automated Clearing House (ACH)/Miscellaneous Payment Enrollment Form.