Last month, SJI featured the culmination of a two-year project by the National Judicial Opioid Task Force (NJOTF). The report provided state courts nationwide with further information regarding the treatment of opioid-addicted defendants.
Housed withing the National Center for State Court Library’s eCollection is the final report and several special-subject bench cards or bulletins, which draw attention to general areas of the law and processes related to defendants in populations that may require special services.
- Understanding the Basics of Addiction
- The Fundamentals of Screening and Assessment
- Sample Court Transfer Agreement – State and Tribal Courts
- Parent Partner Programs – Promising Practice to Keep Families Struggling with Substance Use Disorder Together
- Prenatal Substance Exposure: Improving Outcomes for Women and Infants
- Tribal State Court Forums
The NJOTF received grant support from SJI for this content, and other elements of the project.